I had to go to Nantes on Monday to retrieve my parents’ birth certificates required for obtaining a passport (birth certificates of people being born abroad are kept in Nantes) –I will blog in more detail about getting my passport, when the whole thing is done and over with.
Although the morning was wet and dreary, the afternoon’s weather was much better and I enjoyed visiting the Cathedral and Jardin des Plantes.
What looked at first like a chore, turned out to be avery pleasant day. As I was coming back from my passport errand in the pouring rain, I stopped at the Cathedral and was treated to an organ concert. I also enjoyed a very interesting tour of the place with a remarkable guide. I had lunch with my friend Liliane at La Cigale, one of Nantes oldest brasseries, we discovered Passage Pommeray and then went to Jardin des Plantes.
- My photos of the Cathedral.
- The tomb and monument to François II
- My photos of Brasserie La Cigale
- Some of my photos of Passage Pommeray
- Some of my photos at Jardin des Plantes, in Nantes
- And a happy blogiversary to Joy at JoyofSix! Don’t miss today’s post, it’s worth a million!